I added a feature yesterday to make particles pop out of the buttons as the player presses them. I showed it to Jen this morning and her advice was that it didn't look very good and it was unnecessary. Looking again with objective eyes I agree with her. This means that some of the work I did yesterday to add the feature is wasted but sometimes you have to try things just to find out that they do not work. Anyway the hardest bits of code I wrote can almost certainly be used later so all is not lost.
I'm now adding adverts to the game using the Admob advert service from Google. This will be a little experiment as my first game with adverts to see if it generates any revenue. The original Cherry Chaser game I wrote for Windows Mobile had 60,000+ downloads as a freeware app, that was back in the days when the mobile market was much smaller. Against that, the number of apps relative to the size of the market these days is probably even higher than then, so hopefully my app won't get lost in the masses.